If you love credit card rewards, (who doesn’t?) then the ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card might just be what you have been looking for. It comes loaded with prestigious and exciting perks that are worth your review.
This card is designed to offer you a very high earning power compared to the standard credit cards. First of all, its travel-related benefits are an excellent introduction to the bonus points, and additionally, you get to earn ANZ reward points whenever you use the card to pay for purchases.
However, this black platinum card is best suited for the big spenders and has a high annual fee that can only be covered through earning many points. Let’s take a look at the ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card in detail.
The ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card Features and Benefits
This credit card comes with the following features.
Introductory Bonus Points
When you are a new member, you shall receive 130,000 reward points for spending $2,000 on all eligible purchases in the first 3 months of getting the card. This number of points is equivalent to $570 worth of Woolworth’s gift cards.
When you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months on eligible purchases, you will earn $150 back on your new card. This money shall be credited to your card.
The card boasts to have the most competitive points earning rates in the market, for every $1 you spend, you shall earn 2 ANZ Reward Points, and this is up to $5,000 each year.
Redemption of the Points
When you are a part of the frequent flyer program, you shall be in a position to transfer your reward points for airline loyalty points with Air New Zealand, Asia Miles, or Singapore Airlines. Additionally, you could also redeem your points for cashback on the card and get various types of merchandise.
Pros/Cons of the ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card
- International travel insurance
- Rental vehicle access
- Bonus reward points
- Purchase protection insurance
- A high annual rate
- Charges for additional cards
- A high foreign transaction fee
ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card Fees
When applying for a credit card, it is important to be aware of the fees and interest charged. Below is a list of fees that come with the ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card.
- Purchase rate – Charged at 20.24% p.a.
- Annual card fee – charged at $375
- Interest-free period – 55 days.
- Foreign currency rate – 3%
- Minimum monthly repayment – charged at either 2% of the balance or $25 whichever one is greater.
- Late payment fee – charged at $20
- Foreign currency conversion fee –charged at 3%
- Cash advance fee – charged at either 2% or $4 whichever one is higher.
- Overseas cash advance fee – charged at either 2% or $4 whichever one is higher.
- Overseas ATM withdrawal fee – $5
- Additional cardholder fee – charged at $65
ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card Eligibility
To apply for this card, you must first ensure that you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- You must be 18 years and above.
- Must be a permanent Australian resident for the last 9 months or a citizen.
- Must have a good credit rating.
- Ensure that you do not currently hold, or have an open or closed ANZ Rewards Black, ANZ Rewards Credit Card or an ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit card in the last 12 months.
How to Apply for the ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card
To apply for the card, you should log into the ANZ company website and fill out the application form. Ensure to provide the following information
- An Australian Driver’s License number
- Income, assets, liabilities, and expenses information
- Two current recent payslips and verification of your income.
- In case you are self-employed, you shall need to have your accountant’s telephone number.
- Detail your living expenses especially regular bills.
- An ANZ account number or a Customer Registration number
- Your email address.
ANZ Bank Address and Contact Information
To find out more about the ANZ Airpoints Visa Black Credit Card it is advisable to contact the bank directly. ANZ Bank can be contacted using the following details.
Address: Level 25 ANZ Center, 23-29 Albert Street, Auckland, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Phone: 0800 269 296
If you live in New Zealand or Australia and you travel a lot, then this credit card should be on your radar, as it offers great benefits for frequent travelers. All of the benefits and perks are more than worth it to cover the high annual fee. All the best as you apply for the card.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit products. Ensure you consult the bank’s terms and conditions page before agreeing to anything.